When a plant explosion occurs in Houston, the consequences can be catastrophic. Explosion victims can face steep medical bills, lost wages, damaged property, and emotional trauma. If you or a loved one have been injured in a Houston plant explosion, you should reach out to an attorney.
The experienced attorneys at the Paxton Law Firm can get you the compensation that you deserve.
Plant explosions are often caused by the negligent acts of plant owners and employers. Most times, an accident could have been prevented if employers had provided a safe workplace. Four common causes of plant explosions in Houston are listed below.
• Failure to Maintain and Inspect Equipment. Corroded, faulty, or malfunctioning equipment is a common cause of plant explosions. Owners and employers are responsible for regularly inspecting, maintaining, and replacing equipment, regardless of the cost.
• Lack of Training. All plant employees and contractors need both job-specific and safety training to safely perform their job duties. Workers are exposed to hazardous chemicals and heavy machinery, so it is essential that they understand the risks of the job.
• Improper Use of Chemicals. Employers must ensure that proper safety guidelines are followed when workers are handling reactive and highly flammable chemicals. To prevent explosions, impure or “dirty” chemicals should not be used.
• Failure to Observe Safety Protocols. Houston plant owners and employers must follow safety regulations and OSHA standards. They should regularly perform safety inspections to ensure that proper procedures are being followed at the plant. Plants should have safety systems, including emission monitoring systems, leak detection systems, and shut-off safety systems. In addition, employers should provide appropriate personal protective equipment to their employees, such as hard hats, eye protection, gloves, and fire-resistant clothing.
Plant explosions can cause serious injuries. If you have been injured in a plant explosion accident, you should seek appropriate medical treatment. Common plant explosion injuries include:
• Respiratory damage,
• Loss of limbs,
• Internal organ damage,
• Vision loss and eye injuries,
• Hearing loss and damage,
• Traumatic brain injuries,
• Concussions, and
In addition, environmental contamination from plant explosions can lead to long-term injuries, such as cancer, neurological disorders, and respiratory disease.
Hiring a qualified Houston plant explosion attorney is a critical step to receiving the compensation that you deserve. An attorney will investigate the accident to determine fault and liability. They will guide you through the entire legal process and negotiate with the insurance company and other parties on your behalf. Many plant explosion cases are settled out of court, but your attorney will aggressively defend your rights in court if necessary.
You should never speak with an insurance adjuster before hiring an attorney. Insurance companies may try to pressure you into taking a low settlement. They use various tactics to delay, undervalue, and deny claims. An experienced attorney will recognize these tactics and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
If negligence caused the plant explosion, you may be entitled to compensation. The compensation you are entitled to will depend on the severity of your injuries and the unique facts of your case. Examples of damages available in Houston plant explosion cases include:
o Past and future medical bills,
o Lost wages,
o Loss of earning capacity,
o Mental anguish, and
o Pain and suffering.
In addition, if the plant owner or employer is guilty of wanton disregard for the safety of others, you could be entitled to punitive damages.
In general, the deadline to file a plant explosion lawsuit is two years. There are very limited exceptions to this rule. If you miss the statute of limitations, you will be barred from bringing your case. You should not waste time and call a local Houston plant explosion attorney as soon as possible.
If you or a loved one were injured in a plant explosion, call the Paxton Law Firm. We have represented injured persons involved in these types of accidents for nearly twenty years.
Let us review your case and advise you of your rights. The Paxton Law Firm believes in taking the stress of dealing with your legal battles and turning a negative situation into the best possible outcome lady justice allows. We offer free consultations, and you do not pay any legal fees until we recover for you.
Do you believe you have a case? Understand that time is of the essence in getting you the justice you deserve! We would love to hear from you.