Construction is one of the most dangerous industries in Texas.
Sustaining a severe construction accident injury can be life-changing, and you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. If you or a loved one were injured in a construction accident, you should reach out to a Houston attorney.
The Paxton Law Firm will ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
There are many different types of construction accidents.
• Falls from heights. Construction workers are often required to work on roofs, scaffolding, and ladders. Falls from heights are among the most common injuries and lead to some of the most severe injuries.
• Electrocution. Electrocution injuries can occur in many ways, including when power tools come into contact with wiring or exposed lines, damaged or defective electrical equipment, or wires are not properly grounded.
• Fires and explosions. Fires and explosions at construction sites are often associated with leaking pipes, exposed wiring, and flammable materials.
• Heavy machinery accidents. Backhoes, forklifts, payloaders, cement trucks, and other heavy machinery is essential to construction. However, working with and around these machines carries risks, and accidents can lead to crushing and other severe injuries.
• Trench collapses. Excavation work is required at construction job sites. When a trench collapses, it can cause serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, lost limbs, and broken bones.
• Exposure to hazardous toxins or chemicals. If construction workers come into contact with hazardous toxins or chemicals used at job sites, they can suffer serious burns and damage to their organs.
Various factors can contribute to a construction site accident. Often these accidents could have been prevented if proper precautions were taken. Below are some common causes of construction accidents:
• Inadequate protective equipment. Under the law, employers in the construction industry are required to provide their employees with the proper protective equipment, such as hardhats, respirators, and fall protection systems.
• Failure to train employees. Texas construction companies have a duty to properly train employees.
• Improperly maintained equipment. Employers must perform regular safety inspections on machinery, tools, and other equipment to ensure that they are in proper working order and do not pose a safety risk.
• Equipment malfunction. In cases where an accident is due to an equipment defect, the injured party may be able to hold the manufacturer liable.
• Site safety violations. Construction companies must provide a safe working environment, which includes taking acts such as posting proper signage around hazards, like large holes.
The injuries that occur in construction can be catastrophic and life-changing. Traumatic brain injury, paralysis, crush injuries, amputations, and burns are all common injuries. The medical treatment for these injuries is costly and can keep the individual out of work for months, if not permanently.
If you were injured in a construction accident in Houston, it is critical that you receive the compensation that you deserve. The compensation that you are entitled to will depend on the unique facts and circumstances of your case. Some damages that may be available include:
• Past and future medical expenses,
• Lost wages,
• Loss of future earning capacity,
• Pain and suffering,
• Loss of consortium and loss of household services, and
• Funeral and burial expenses.
If you were in a construction accident, you should reach out to an experienced Houston attorney as soon as possible. Qualified attorneys have deep knowledge and understanding of all the relevant laws and regulations, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA) regulations. These cases are complicated, especially when multiple parties are involved. An attorney will be able to educate you on your rights and options under Texas and federal law.
An attorney will thoroughly investigate your case and gather all relevant evidence. They will evaluate your claim and negotiate with the opposing parties. If necessary, they will take your case to court and aggressively defend your rights.
If you are injured in a construction accident, call the Paxton Law Firm. We have represented injured persons involved in these types of accidents for nearly twenty years.
Let us review your case and advise you of your rights. The Paxton Law Firm believes in taking the stress of dealing with your legal battles and turning a negative situation into the best possible outcome lady justice allows. We offer free consultations, and you do not pay any legal fees until we recover for you.
Do you believe you have a case? Understand that time is of the essence in getting you the justice you deserve! We would love to hear from you.